Activities of Water and Sanitation Support Organization (WSSO) as per National Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP)
- WSSO Conducts training, organizes training related activities, shares the key concept of NRDWP guidelines with all stake holders and promotes National Rural Drinking Water Supply programme at the state level
- WSSO responds to emergency or emergency like situation for prevention and control through IEC activities and also out sources for meeting the immediate demand of the situation.
- WSSO deals with software aspects like IEC, HRD, WQM&S, R&D, M&E and IMIS etc. Awareness Generation and Capacity Building are crosscutting issues of all support activities and deals with key resource institutions.
- WSSO generates demand among the people who are marginalized and back seated for wanting safe water.
- WSSO coordinates with department of P&RD, H&FW, Education, Child development, Women Development and Social Welfare etc for effective implementation of water supply system in rural West Bengal
- WSSO acts as a facilitating agency and facilitates the process and bridges the gaps with different stakeholders
- WSSO provides support to the Panchayati Raj Institute (PRIs) and Village Water and Sanitation Committee (VWSC) to prepare water security plan, implement and maintain.
- WSSO takes up and conducts sanitary survey, water quality testing, monitoring.etc
- WSSO also takes the Research and Development (R&D) activities and shares the findings with PHED,
- WSSO takes up MIS and computerization Programmes, GIS mapping and online monitoring system, and finally
- WSSO also monitors all STA activities.