Ganga Sagar Mela
Public Health Engineering Directorate, Government of West Bengal
GENERAL WORKS OF PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING DIRECTORATE
- Various arrangements of temporary nature of accommodation, offices, water supply, sanitation, etc. and maintenance thereof for the personnel including N.G.O.s rendering services in connection with the Mela at Sagar Mela Ground and other transit points (i.e. Lot No.8, Namkhana, Chemaguri / Benuban and Kachuberia).
- Temporary hospitals along with outdoor dispensary one no. including homeopathy, & thy & alopathy medical facilities at Sagar Mela ground.
- Temporary medical check post at Sagar Mela ground (two no.).
- Temporary police outpost along with their accommodation at Sagar Mela ground.
- Safe and adequate drinking W/S arrangement at Sagar Mela ground & also supplying water pouch by 6 nos. Mobile Treatment Unit.
- Temporary sanitary and waste water disposal arrangements.
- Arrangement of Fire Fighting at Kolkata Outram Ghat, Kachuberia, Chemaguri / Benuban and at Sagar Mela ground.
- Lighting and illumination arrangements to all six different locations including Mela ground with generation of 800 kw power (excluding 250 kw as generated by SEB) at Sagar Mela ground, 150 kw power at Chemaguri & 170 kw power at Kachuberia and High Mast Light at Sea Beach 4 nos. and at Mela Ground 3 nos.
- Arrangements for bathing Ghat (Changing Room) at Sagar Mela Ground. (10 nos.)
- Arrangement of temporary court, thana, hazat (jail), bank etc. at Sagar Mela Ground.
- Temporary 17 nos. tower for Publicity & Police Deptt at Sagar Mela ground.
- Restoration of roads no. 2,3, & 4 of Sagar Mela ground.
- General maintenance works of all permanent Civil structures & Water Supply arrangements.
- Various arrangements of temporary nature of accommodation, offices, water supply, sanitation, lighting & illumination arrangement etc. at Outram Ghat.
- Mobile Toilet (PHE - 4 Nos.).
Maintenance of Mobile Toilet of Tourism Deptt. – 12 nos.
- Night soil collection & disposal from different brines by automatic disposal vehicle (3 nos.) with double shift driver & helper.
- Barricading works and drop gate at Kapilmuni Temple premises.
- Disposal of solid wastes has been done by engaging 2100 man / day to collect solid wastes from Vats and roadsides and dumping the same to the disposal ground near Road No. 1.
WORKS OF ZILLA PARISHAD OF SOUTH 24 PGS FUNDED BY P.H.E.
Zilla Parishad has also taken part in construction works of some temporary structures from the above stated arrangement.
- At Sagar Mela ground :
a) Pilgrim sheds
b) Community Kitchen
c) Trench Latrine
d) Barricading works with necessary drop gates, except Temple premises.
- At four different transit points like Chemaguri, Kachuberia, Lot No. 8 & Namkhana :Entire works except water supply, lighting arrangement and the accommodation for P.H.E. personnel on duty.
WORKS FOR PREVENTION OF FIRE HAZARDS
- Materials used for construction of the Temporary Structures will be dipped in fire retardant solution to prevent any outbreak of fire.
- Adequate arrangements for fire fighting water storage tanks to fight against fire as per direction of Fire Fighting Department.
- To minimize fire hazards provision of Community Kitchen for the pilgrims.
- Temporary fire hydrant points on the water line at different points.
Fire fighting arrangement (like storage of water, fire hydrant etc.) for protection of fire of temporary structures have been considered in the following location:
- Ganga Sagar Mela Ground - Fire Hydrant Point – 190 nos.
- Kachuberia Point - Fire Hydrant Point – 20 nos.
- Chemaguri - Fire Hydrant Point – 20 nos.
- Outram Ghat (Kolkata) Point
EXISTING FACILITIES AT DIFFERENT POINT IN CONNECTION WITH GANGA SAGAR MELA 2015 OF PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING DITECTORATE
Drinking Water Facilities :
A) Tubewell of Big Dia. –
i) Sagar Mela Ground – 12 Nos.
ii) Chemaguri / Benuban Point – 4 Nos.
iii) Kachuberia Point – 3 Nos.
iv) Lot 8 Point – 8 Nos.
v) Namkhana Point – 4 Nos.
vi) Outram Ghat Point – 6 Nos.
B) Drinking Water Reservoir (Ground) –
i) Sagar Mela Ground – 3 Nos.
(1No. of capacity 3300000 gallon, 1No. 2300000 Gallon & 1No. 700000 gallon)
C) Community Vat – 12 Nos. at Sagar Mela Ground
Fire-Fighting Arrangement : (MS FF Tank of capacity 136000 ltr.)
i) Sagar Mela Ground – 11 Nos.
ii) Chemaguri Point – 1 No.
iii) Kachuberia – 1 No.
Ground Water Vat of 14400 gallon capacity – 11 Nos. at Sagar Mela Ground
i) Mobile Toilet (8 seater) – 4 Nos. + 12 Nos. (from Tourism) at Sagar Mela Ground
ii) Big Dia Tubewell – 1 No. at Sagar Mela Ground
iii) Cess Pool Cleaner – 4 Nos. with double shift driver & helper.
Tower at Sagar Mela Ground :
i) For Publicity – 5 Nos.
ii) For Police – 12 Nos.
Waste Water Disposal :
Sump – 8 Nos. at Sagar Mela Ground
Solid Waste Management :
Collection of wastes in roadside vats and transporting them to disposal ground near Road No. 1.
TANK FOR WATER SUPPLY
DURING MELA DAYS
FIRE FIGHTING ARRANGEMENT AT MELA GROUND
KAPIL MUNI TEMPLE TOP AT NIGHT